Friday, September 2, 2011

Auckland Big Day out - Fathers Day Petite Pocket card

Here is a card that I made using new product for my presentation in Auckland on Saturday.

This is using the new Petite Pocket die, Tempting Turquoise embossing powder and the new Denim Blue Ribbon.






























Materials
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Tempting Turquoise
Stamps:  Extreme Elements, Teeny Tiny SentimentsBigshot: Bigz XL Petite Pocket Die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder
Ink: Night of Navy, Versamark
Punch: Word WindowDSP: Tempting Turquoise (Brights DSP Paper Patterns Stack)
Other:  Tombow Multi, Dimensionals, Embossing Buddy, Tempting Turquoise Embossing powder.


What I have done here is attach the pocket using dimensionals to the bottom 2/3rds of the pocket  so that the ribbon can be slid on and off so you can get access to the gift card inside.  These pockets are the perfect for plastic gift cards.  I have used an embossing buddy before I versamarked and heat seat the new Tempting Turquoise Embossing powder.  This looks great on dark card.  When I started out with this card I would never have put Tempting Turquoise with Night of Navy but it grew on me and I quite like it now.


The  ribbon - I tied to make it look like a mini man's tie the great part about that is that you can easily adjust the ribbon to tighten it up around the Pocket Die also making it easy for the recipient to get into the pocket to get their gift card out.


Sorry for the delay in posting this I will try and post what I presented over the next few days as I get time (life is a tad hectic with trying to get our business up and running in Bishopdale since moving out of the CBD after the 22nd February Earthquake) hopefully we will be up and running soon as our insurance ran out on 22nd August so let's hope that we can open in the next few days fingers crossed.


I apologise for any typos or errors in this post I should be in bed.....



1 comment: